1) Focus on the Positive: Starting, running and growing a successful startup means early mornings, late nights, and a fair share of setbacks along the way. Celebrating milestones is an opportunity to reflect on how all the hard work is paying off and getting you closer to your longterm goals.
2) Build Team Culture: By celebrating success, you create a collaborative culture where team members feel comfortable sharing their personal accomplishments, big & small.
3) Inspire Future Action: Gathering together to celebrate is a great opportunity to engage your entire team to brainstorm and provide feedback on future milestones.
3) Let it be Known: Don’t stop at sharing the news within your team – invite your community, friends and family to join in! The more people that know about your company’s success, the more people there are to spread your story.
5) Have Fun!: All work and no play can lead to burnout and poor team morale. Taking the time to look up from the laptop to recognize & celebrate progress is a good way to make sure you’re taking time to unwind and reflect.
What’s up with the dots? Station Houston is working on fun, creative and super visual way of recognizing Station Member companies’ successes. We’ll celebrate this new initiative later this month with an official unveiling and happy hour. Stay tuned!!